Is Almond Milk Vegan Friendly – A main ingredient in vegan cuisine and healthy, almond milk contains calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamins, and proteins.
It can be flavored with chocolate or vanilla and be sweet or not which makes it interesting in gruel but also in pancake batter, in pastry cream and why not in a soup.
In summer, adopt it by pouring it over an iced coffee or by replacing it with cow’s milk for the most delicious homemade ice cream.
Is Almond Milk Vegan Friendly
Almond milk is one of the most indulged vegan drinks such as rice and soy milk. It is a product that appears to be almost innovative in our kitchens but in fact, it was already popularly consumed in the Middle Ages, notably on times when the consumption of animal products was restrained by the Church.
It is now embraced by people intolerant to lactose and all those who wish to diversify their diets. A key ingredient in vegan and healthy cooking, almond milk contains calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamins, and proteins.
Making Homemade Almond Milk Recipe
Ultra easy to make, homemade almond milk is a great alternative to regular cows goat and other animal-derived milk.
Preparation time: 20 min
Vegan Meat-free Egg-free Lactose-free Gluten-free Almond Milk
for 6 cups of milk
- 250 g almonds, peeled
- 1 liter of water
Water: We can never say it enough: you must hydrate yourself a lot: 1 to 2 liters per day. But what drink? Only water is essential. It provides mineral salts and rehydrates the body.
- The day before, soak the peeled almonds in lukewarm water, overnight (for at least 4-6 hours).
- Drain and rinse them, then place them in the food processor.
- Add the water, and beat on high speed for 2-4 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a vegan milk bag or a clean cloth, otherwise a delicate mesh.
- Apply a firm pressure press strongly with your hands to obtain as much almond milk as possible.
- Save the left pulp (called almond okara) for the following use, for example in a cake.
- Keep it in a cool dry place, in a well-sealed container.
- If it separates, stir it and that’s it. You can make it once a week and keep it in the fridge for 4 to 5 days, stirring it well between each use.
- In coffee, cereals, or in your cakes and milkshake … it is part of your daily vegan diet, creamy, with a slight discreet almond taste.
This milk is lactose-free and rich in protein. An excellent vegetable source of calcium, almonds make it possible to offset the calcium intake for people who do not digest milk and its derivatives.
Add 2 tablespoons of sugar or agave syrup, cocoa powder, dates or a little vanilla if you like