How To Make Vegan Flan Recipe – Here is a dessert that reminds me of my childhood when, at the end of school, I ran into a bakery to enjoy a good share of custard!
Achieving it today in its vegan and gluten-free version was not easy and I had to make several tests before arriving at a visually attractive and tastefully enticing result!
How To Make Vegan Flan Recipe
(for a baking pan with high edges 20 cm in diameter or a large pie pan for 6 to 8 parts)
1 pie :
- 80 g rice flour
- 50 g cornflour
- 20 g potato starch
- 1 pinch of salt
- 15 g sugar
- 3 tablespoons of melted vegetable margarine
- About 7 cl of water
- 100 cl almond milk
- 30 g lupine flour
- 1 touch of turmeric
- 30 cornstarch
- 60 g rice flour
- 150 g light sugar
- 1 tablespoon white almond puree
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Make the shortcrust dough by mixing all the ingredients.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes, then place it in an oiled pie mold making sure that it covers the walls well. Puncture it with a fork.
- In a saucepan, mix the flours with the sugar and the almond puree, the turmeric, and gradually pour in the vegetable milk and the vanilla extract.
- Heat everything, without stopping to move.
- As soon as the mixture begins to thicken, stir for more 2 to 3 minutes, then leave to cool!
- Then pour into the mold (it must be filled to about 1 cm from the top, otherwise it may overflow).
- Place in an oven preheated to 200 ° C for 35 minutes, then put under a grill to brown the surface, watching for 3/4 min.
- Let cool before putting the flan in the refrigerator for several hours before tasting.
- Lupine flour is a legume flour that makes it possible to replace eggs advantageously because lupine has about 40% protein (more than that in eggs!)
- In addition, it is well filled with minerals and vitamins from groups A and B.
- According to several studies, regular consumption of legumes prevents hypertension and lowers the level of cholesterol in the body.
- In addition, thanks to the properties of a substance called “tocopherol”, lupine would be useful for the prevention of type 2 diabetes and also for the prevention of colon cancer.