Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Easy Recipe – Sunday morning my husband and I left early with the intention of going to the South Melbourne Market. This was without counting the Melbourne Marathon which took place at exactly the same time between the apartment and the market.
After wandering the streets for more than 30 minutes, we were finally closer to Queen Victoria Market, downtown. I went there with my sister last February and I was looking forward to going back there on weekends to fill my basket with fresh vegetables and fruit.
The food is much more expensive in Australia than in Canada and back home in the US, but at Queen Victoria Market, you can leave with your arms loaded with the freshest gourmet foods without having to mortgage your house.
There are also small craft shops such as bakeries, cheese shops, and delicatessens.
Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Easy Recipe
My fridge is now full, I couldn’t wait to start cooking again! After two boring weeks, I am now ready to take on new culinary challenges. First on my list: Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Easy Recipe
I know that, unfortunately, for many of you gluten-free cooking is of not the perfect task. Glutin-free types of flour are far more expensive as well as difficult to find, and sorrowfully the result is not always very successful, and the textures are often very different from what you are used to.
For those who, like my husband, suffer from celiac disease, rejoice, I have a Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Easy Recipe ready for you!
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 c. ground flaxseeds
- 2 c. ground cinnamon
- 1 C. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 grated zucchini, drained (but not strained out)
- 1/4 cup of oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegan milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 2 c. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, milk, applesauce, brown sugar, agave syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the grated zucchini to the liquid ingredients.
- Combine liquids with dry ingredients, stirring only to moisten well. Add the walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the bread pan covered with parchment paper and use your spatula or spoon to spread it evenly.
- The mixture is very dense, that’s normal. I didn’t spread mine all the way down because it was already neat.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes (Please note that the baking time varies considerably from bread to bread because of the moisture of the zucchini and the power of your oven).
- Leave to cool in the mold for ten minutes before gently transferring it to a cooling rack using parchment paper.
- Enjoy hot or cold, spread with butter, jams, or plain!
Notes: I myself ground buckwheat and oatmeal from whole grains using a coffee grinder. I did the same with flax seeds.
Now, if you’re wondering if this bread is this Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread Easy Recipe worth it, know that Steven and I finished it in less than 24 hours. Yep. I would tell you it’s definitely worth it … 😉
Have a great weekend!