With autumn and Halloween approaching, this is the perfect opportunity to make… Best Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread!
This pumpkin bread Healthy Recipe is a traditional one at this time of year in the USA! My friend Jeanne, She made it for me when she was visiting me, and I absolutely loved it!
If you do like cinnamon-type “autumn” spices, etc. You can’t help but love this recipe! It’s really delicious, and despite the “bread” side, it’s not dry! Perfect for breakfast or a snack break!
Best Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread Healthy Recipe
For this healthy version of the best recipe of vegan gluten-free pumpkin bread, we chose to use chestnut flour for its very aromatic taste combined with rice flour with a neutral taste. The gingerbread spices also go perfectly with the taste of the squash and give this cake a good Christmas taste !!
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup and a half of whole sugar
- 1 level teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of vegan milk
- 1 and a half cups of fine rice flour
- 1 cups of chestnut flour
- 1/2 pot of potato starch
- 1 tsp and a half gingerbread spices *
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 small handful of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
* See spices “Details” below
- Cut a large slice of pumpkin, remove the seeds, remove the skin. Cut it into pieces and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated 190 ° C oven for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, puree using a hand blender.
- Take the same cup as a measure for all the ingredients.
- Pour the cup of pumpkin puree in a bowl then add the oil, milk, salt, and sugar.
- Whisk well to dissolve the sugar.
- In another bowl mix the flours, starch, spices, and baking soda.
- Combine the 2 bowls and mix well with a whisk until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the raisins and nuts, vinegar, and mix.
- Depending on the amount of water in the pumpkin, you may need to add a little amount of milk.
- Oil a cake pan with a brush or use oil spray, pour the cake batter, and even with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 190 ° C, then lower the oven to 170 ° C and continue cooking for additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting it, if you can, wait until the next day it is even better !!
Here is the recipe for the gingerbread spice mix, very easy to make yourself rather than buying it, you will gain flavor !!
For a cake:
- 10 g cinnamon powder
- 1 star anise
- 5 cloves
- 5 g coriander seeds
- 3 g green anise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Put everything in a good mixer and it’s ready!